Load update March 26th 1997
If you used this page as start page for your Browser into the
Bookmarks, modify please up
since after the conversion to Frames the other pages are
otherwise no longer attainable.
What is " msc "?
We (Stefan and Matthias) are both students to the RWTH
Aachen. Our largest hobby are however the " old " Atari of 8 bit
Msc the hard disk INTERFACE
After we became acquainted with ourselves in the summer 1994,
we were soon on the search for a common project. Inspired by the
INTERFACE of Roland Buehler we began PC bus with the development of an
IDE INTERFACE for the computers of the XL/XE series. It took almost
one year, until we had a hardware solution, which co-operated well
with different computers and fixed disks. Almost the entire last year
were then busy we to develop one also for the " normal user "
Here can throw times a view of
it to it (57 kB jpg).
What knows the INTERFACE?
- adequate parallel bus device for XL/XE computers
- enabled up to 240 partitions per fixed disk
- emulates the floppy stations D1: to D9:
- boatable of each partition (with standard XL-OS)
- emulated " write protection labels "
- supports the link of up to two fixed disks (Master/Slave)
- Data transmission rates of more than 30 KB/s with SPARTA DOS
3,2 gx (reading operation)
- Data transmission rates of more than 10 KB/s with SPARTA DOS
3,2 gx (write operation)
- over provided software access to ATAPI CDROM possible
The INTERFACE can be ordered immediately (and only in
writing, postcard been sufficient):
The INTERFACE costs DM 120, - plus DM 18, - postage &
since November, 15th 1996